- Lindy and her team would like to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS
Have fun and enjoy! http://bit.ly/6x1CSa #
- Just to let you all know that our ‘baby’s blanket’ cake decorating workshop has been re-scheduled to Tuesday 20th… http://bit.ly/8ilc9M #
- Ok we’ve started the discussion on the topping (sugarpaste or buttercream) so what’s your favorite cupcake
Archives for 2009
- How do you like your cupcakes decorated – buttercream or sugarpaste?
Lets start the discussion http://bit.ly/4EvToU #
- Below is a link to our new Facebook Page. Or become a fan of our Page and be updated with new and interesting news! http://bit.ly/6bZJaw #
- Currently working on the text of my new cupcake book, I can’t believe it
If you haven’t been to one of our workshops you won’t have sampled Sally’s wonderful Lemon Drizzle Cake which she sometimes brings along with her. Students have requested the recipe so here it is.
4oz (100g) Soft Margarine
6oz (175g) Caster Sugar
6oz (175g) Self-raising Flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 Tablespoons Milk… Continue reading
If there is one cake that epitomises Lindy’s work it has to be the Wonky Cake. Which might just explain why this course is so popular and gets booked up faster than any other course. It’s a fascinating course to observe. The pace is fast because there is a lot to get through in one workshop day. Oh and the process is very very clever. You need a lot of… Continue reading
After several requests from workshop students, I am posting the “Madeira Cake” blog. Good luck and hope this helps you.
Before working at Lindy’s I had never made a Madeira cake. My first attempts weren’t great – they came out of the oven domed, very crispy on the outside and really dry. I had conquered the decorating but the cakes weren’t getting eaten! So Lindy set me a challenge… Continue reading
And the winner is….
LISA BROWN from BARROW-IN-FURNESS
Congatulations Lisa – well done!
We had a fantastic selection of emails. It was wonderful to read about your work, inspirations and ideas . It’s what Lindy’s Cakes is all about. Thank you so much to everyone for taking the time to enter this competition. Watch out for more competitions in 2010…who know’s next time the… Continue reading
Are you one of the millions of users that have a facebook account? Are you interested in cake decorating? If the answers is YES to both of these questions, why not become a fan of our newly created:
Lindy’s Cakes Ltd Facebook page
Just click here to visit……
We are currently adding lots of cake and cookie photos, details of my books, clips from my… Continue reading
- I love teaching a room full of enthusiastic students and today cookie class was a great way to end the 2009 teaching year, thanks everyone! #
- Preparing for tomorrows Christmas party cookie workshop – last this season! Cookie crackers and balloons will help it start off with a bang! #
- Wonky celebration cakes DVD still our bestseller this month, it makes a great Christmas
Good things come in small packages… this is how I feel about the Christmas Mini Cake workshop! What a treat… what a fabulous idea. And, as per usual, they are amazing in true ‘Lindy Smith’ style. Continuing our Christmas workshop theme, these little beauties did not dissappoint. It was a bitterly cold day but we were cosily tucked up inside our wonderful village hall which was bursting with a festive… Continue reading
- Fantastic Xmas tree stencil set http://www.lindyscakes.co.uk/OnlineShop-Stencils.htm#ChristmasTree now available through our online shop #
- Just added Christmas greetings embossers to online shop http://www.lindyscakes.co.uk/OnlineShop-PatchworkCutters.htm#PC-ChristmasGreetings #
- It’s official, the rumours are true…Cake International 2010 is going to be a 3 day show!!! http://www.ichf.co.uk/cake #
- Our best selling product at the moment is my Wonky DVD
The Christmas Bauble Workshop is fast becoming our most popular Christmas time class. This course is magical! A round cake in the shape of a Christmas Bauble…’No way’ you say! Well… I’ve seen it being done and these beautiful baubles are impressive! The baking is crucial in the process of creating this cake. The cake is made in a specially designed ball tin, thus creating the perfect sphere to cover. Lindy then guides you… Continue reading